Ivester Jackson | Christie’s agents are very involved in the local community, serving dozens of charities around the region.
Each month we spotlight one of our brokers who is helping to make Charlotte a better place. Today we’re highlighting Michelle Campos, who works with the Ada Jenkins Center in Davidson. “The reason I got involved with the Ada Jenkins Center was to help make a direct impact on our community. While most look at our area as an affluent community, there are many people in need,” says Michelle, who is serving on the sponsorship committee for center’s 2017 Spring Gala.
A native of Charlotte, Michelle grew up in the SouthPark area and attended UNC Charlotte as a Division 1 scholarship tennis athlete.
After graduating, she moved on to a Fortune 500 sales career and soon became a successful business owner; owning both a large CrossFit gym as well as an athletic recovery business in the Lake Norman area.
Drawing from her experience in high-level athletics, and from growing multiple successful businesses, Michelle brings an analytical, and results-oriented approach to her real estate
Ada Jenkins Center 2017 Spring Gala
This year Michelle is on the sponsorship committee for the Ada Jenkins Center largest annual fundraising event, the Spring Gala, which will be held on Saturday, April 29th.
The Ada Jenkins Center has a direct impact in our community in several facets:
- Free health services for those in need from all volunteer doctors and nurses in our area.
- Crisis assistance within the community.
- The LearnWorks after school program for children who have a place to go and get help with their school work.
- A mobile dental clinic that travels to and even beyond Mecklenburg county from volunteer dentists in the region.
- The Ada Jenkins Center services Northern Mecklenburg all the way to Southern Iredell counties, as well as Huntersville, Cornelius, Davidson, and Mooresville.
For the first time ever, the gala is being held on site at the Ada Jenkins Center in 2017. The staff at the center is happy to set up tours and have volunteer orientation sessions throughout the year.