By: Karley Reed | Ivester Jackson Christie’s Creative Brand Manager
Easy access, modern infrastructure and a high standard of living distinguish the Cayman Islands as a leading destination in the Caribbean for luxury vacation homes and permanent residences.
Long hailed for its white-sand beaches and world-class scuba diving, the English-speaking British Overseas Territory is more than just a popular tourist destination. For more than two decades the Cayman Islands has secured a spot on the list of the world’s top financial jurisdictions. With this status has come additional investment and economic diversification, earning the Cayman Islands one of the highest GDP rates in the world on a per-capita basis.
Made up of three islands—Grand Cayman, Cayman Brac and Little Cayman—the country was once known for its rope-making, shipbuilding, and abundance of turtles. Today, it is home to over 63,000 residents from over 130 countries, positioning it as a culturally diverse destination with a highly celebrated culinary scene. Its tax neutrality, sophisticated infrastructure and lack of restrictions on foreign ownership of property make it one of the Caribbean’s most attractive real estate markets. A low crime rate, stable government, robust economy, excellent education system and first-rate healthcare facilities make it arguably one of the best places in the world to call home.
PROVENANCE PROPERTIES CAYMAN ISLANDS
Provenance Properties, the exclusive Christie’s International Real Estate affiliate in the Cayman Islands, represents a portfolio of distinctive, luxury properties. Parent company Dart Real Estate is a locally-owned developer of more than US$1.5 billion in mixed-use, residential, commercial, recreational, educational and hospitality properties throughout the Cayman Islands including the AAA Five Diamond-rated Kimpton Seafire Resort & Spa and the adjacent Residences at Seafire. The Residences is the newest luxury resort-residential development on world-renowned Seven Mile Beach and features move-in ready residences with prices starting from USD $1.4 million. An optional rental program managed by the Kimpton Seafire Resort + Spa team is available to owners who choose not to reside full time in their residence.
- 90-minute flight from Miami and a two-hour 50-minute flight from Charlotte, NC
- No direct taxation in the form of corporate, capital gains, personal income or property taxes
- No restriction on foreign ownership of land
- English speaking
- Official currency is the Cayman Islands Dollar (CI$1 = US$1.25)
- Average year-round temperature is 82 degrees Fahrenheit
- Culinary capital of the Caribbean with over 200 restaurants, including Blue by Eric Ripert
- Rated by Forbes magazine as the world’s friendliest country in 2012
- Caribbean Journal named Grand Cayman as the Best Caribbean Island to Visit in 2019
- Seven Mile Beach rated as one of the Five Best Beaches in the World in the 2018 TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Awards